Tonight I was in the mood for something light and refreshing for dinner. So I hopped on Pinterest and found a recipe I wanted to try. I saw this recipe and decided to give it a shot. I had to run to the market to get a few things but the actual price of this recipe is very inexpensve and chances are you probably already have most of these items in your house already. Here are the ingredients:
- 3 ears corn, cooked
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I use orange & red for a little color)
- 1/2 an english cucumber, finely diced, skin on
- 1/3 C. crumbled feta
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. white balsalmic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
First I chopped up all of my veggies.
Then I made the vinagrette dressing. I combines the first 5 ingredients, then the cilantro and then the sugar.
Then I combines all of the chopped vegetables and feta with the vinaigrette and tossed it until it was well coated.
It was so delicious I hd to stop myself after my 3rd helping.
- – 4 ears corn , cooked
- – 2 avocados , diced
- – 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved (I use orange & red for a little color)
- – 1/2 an english cucumber , finely diced, skin on
- – 1/3 C. crumbled feta
- – 1/2 red onion , finely diced
- Cilantro Vinaigrette
- – 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- – 1 tbsp. white balsalmic vinegar
- – 1/2 tsp. salt
- – 1 tsp. garlic powder
- – 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
- – 2 tbsp. cilantro , chopped
- – 2 tbsp. sugar
Cook corn & cut off the kernels with a large knife
chop cucumber, tomatoes, avocado and onion
For the vinaigrette, combine the first 5 ingredients (so the seasonings react with the vinegar), then add the cilantro and thesugar. Shake it up.
Gently mix all the salad ingredients together. When ready to serve, add the dressing and stir to combine.