During the Holidays The USPS in inundated with packages and mail carriers are hustling trying to get everyone’s packages to the correct address. Unfortunately sometimes due to personal error these packages take longer than exspected to get to the destinations. But there are some tips you can do to help expedite this process.
- Print addresses clearly and include all address elements, such as apartment numbers and directional information.(ex: 123 S. Main St. Apt. 2B)
- Remove batteries from toys. Wrap and place them next to the toys in the mailing box. Customers should include the new batteries in the manufacturer’s packaging.
- Place a card inside the package that contain the delivery and return address. This ensures the safe return of an item that could not be delivered should the mailing label becomes damaged or fall off.
- Never guess a ZIP Code. NO ZIP is better than a WRONG ZIP.
- Include both “to” and “from” information on packages – and only on one side.
- Do NOT reuse mailing boxes – They weaken in the shipping process.
- Select a box that is strong enough to protect the contents. Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express boxes are free at your local post office.
- Leave space for cushioning inside.